Saturday, December 12, 2009

Anchor For Our Souls

Hebrews 5; Hebrews 6; Hebrews 7; Hebrews 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 6

19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. 20 Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

Observation

Have you ever been out in the ocean and tossed around in a boat by a storm? Everyone needs an anchor for his or her soul. This world is becoming more difficult by the day. So many things toss us about; the pace of change is getting faster and faster everyday. Our government seems to be swirling out of control. You and I definitely need an Anchor and His Name is Jesus.

Application

I will hold on to the Anchor today. He is all that I need.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to hold on to the anchor of my soul – Jesus. Thank You that He never changes. He will always be the same no matter what is happening around me. He is my Rock. He is my Anchor. He is my Mighty Fortress. He is the anchor of my soul.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: