Saturday, December 19, 2009

Human Effort Accomplishes Nothing!

John 5; John 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 6

63 The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. 64 But some of you do not believe me.” (For Jesus knew from the beginning which ones didn’t believe, and he knew who would betray him.) 65 Then he said, “That is why I said that people can’t come to me unless the Father gives them to me.”

Observation

Everyone I talk to is trying to get to Heaven by being good, by trying to do more good things than bad things, in other words by their own efforts. Jesus lets us know that our human effort accomplishes absolutely “nothing” as far as getting into Heaven is concerned. So if you are trying to get to Heaven by your own effort then you need to stop trying and start “trusting”. This is the message that we can get from the passage today.

The word “Nothing” has been described as a big zero with the rim knocked off and that is how Jesus describes human effort and how close it gets us to Heaven! It gets us nowhere!

Application

I will pray to my Heavenly Father to save those that He puts on my heart because I know that only God can save them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those that need to stop trying and start trusting You know that they are on my heart. You know who they are. I pray that You would bring people and circumstances into their lives that would cause them to see the way of salvation. I pray that they would trust You and I pray that they would have eternal life and experience life to the fullest right now. I am tired of watching them flounder in sin and it hurts me to watch them as they destroy themselves. Thank You for our church ministry team that love You and are committed to serving You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: