Friday, December 11, 2009

Boldly Coming Before The King of Kings

Philemon 1; Hebrews 1; Hebrews 2; Hebrews 3; Hebrews 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 4

16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

Observation

At God’s throne we will receive His mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Mercy is not getting what we deserve and Grace is receiving what we don’t deserve and we can come boldly to the throne of God to receive both. Only Christ-followers have this privilege and that is the Good News that we have to share with the entire world that everyone who hears God’s word and trust in His Son Jesus Christ for salvation can come directly to God the Father’s throne.

Can you imagine the privilege of being able to go directly to an earthly king’s throne and ask him for help? I think of Nehemiah and how he went to his king and Queen Esther and how she went before her king, but both of these Bible characters went before their kings with fear and trembling (courageously but trembling), while we can boldly come before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to receive His help. And we can come before His presence with confidence and without fear (reverence yes, but not fear).

Application

I will boldly come to the throne of my Heavenly Father and seek His help.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that You have given me access to Your throne. I can come directly into Your presence because of what Christ Your Son did for me on the cross. It is a huge privilege, but I also know that it is a big responsibility. I pray that You guide and direct me. It is my desire to serve You with all my heart today. Thank You for being so good to me. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for calling me to serve You. Help me be 100% obedient today to Your will. Thank You for our church. I pray that You would raise up an army of leaders from within our fellowship. I pray that our young people would find a place to serve, a place to fit in and be used by You to reach other young people. I pray that You would bless our church.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: