Thursday, December 17, 2009

No Excuse – We Have Everything We Need

2 Peter 1; 2 Peter 2; 2 Peter 3; John 1
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Scripture

2 Peter 1

3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises.

Observation

It is easy to make excuses for why we don’t live godly lives but this verse should remove all doubt that not only is it possible but God expects it. He has equipped us to live godly lives. We don’t lack anything but our obedience. He has provided everything necessary … period … end of story … no excuses.

Application

It is my desire to live a godly life and I thank God that He has made it possible for me to do that.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for providing me with everything I need to live a godly life. Don’t let me fall into sin. Don’t let me do things that would bring You disappointment. I pray that You would be all that is important to me today. Show me where and how to walk so I can bring You honor and glory.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: