Monday, December 07, 2009

Never Treat Your Wife Harshly!

Colossians 1; Colossians 2; Colossians 3; Colossians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Colossians 3

19 Husbands, love your wives and never treat them harshly.

Observation

Never…never treat them harshly; why do you think Paul said that to us husbands? He said it because I think he observed how men generally tend to treat their wives and saw that it was not good. It is easy to be harsh. Men are physically stronger generally than women and in the culture of Paul’s day and even today in our culture women are often looked down on as second-class citizens. For example men still get paid more than women in our country for most jobs. The macho man syndrome still exists in our world today. It is even worse in other countries but it is bad enough here.

So we are to love our wives and we are to treat her gently not harshly. Today is a great day to put this verse into action.

Application

I will treat Kathy gently today, not harshly.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy to be mean to those that you love the most. I am so glad that You are not like we are. Help me to be gentle with Kathy and not harsh today. Help me make her feel loved and special today. She is the greatest gift that You have ever given me. Help me to love her like she should be loved. Don’t let me treat her harshly. I pray for the men of our church that they would love their wives like Christ loved the church. If they would it would solve a lot of problems for me. Thank You for living in me and giving me the strength to live out the Christian life today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: