Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hang In There No Matter What!

Revelation 10; Revelation 11; Revelation 12; Revelation 13; Revelation 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 14

12 This means that God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying his commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus.

Observation

I did not understand most of what I read in God’s word this morning because it was things written about future end time events. I know that we are getting closer and closer to these end time events, but I can’t say that I understand them. I know people think that they understand what God is going to do in the future, but I don’t think they really do because I don’t think God wants to make it perfectly clear.

But there is one thing that He has made perfectly clear and we find it in verse 12 of chapter 14, “This means that God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying his commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus.”

We need to patiently endure persecution and we must continue to be obedient and keep our faith in Christ regardless of whether we understand completely what God is doing in the world around us. He is in control. He is Sovereign!


Application

I will hold on to my faith in Christ and I will continue to obey His word no matter what happens in this crazy world around me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to hold on to Your Word and keep me from sin. Help me think Your thoughts and obey what You tell me to do. You are in control. You are Sovereign. Nothing that is happening in this world is catching You by surprise.

There is no leader of any country in power that You have not allowed to govern and they are puppets in Your hands no matter how evil they are. One day each one of them will answer to You for how they used the power that You allowed them to have. It is power on loan from You even if they do not realize it.

I pray for our president today that You give him wisdom to make good decisions for our country. Surround him with some godly men and women that can help him take our country in the right direction.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: