Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Kingdom of Priests

Revelation 1; Revelation 2; Revelation 3; Revelation 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 1

1 This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants the events that must soon take place. He sent an angel to present this revelation to his servant John, 2 who faithfully reported everything he saw. This is his report of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

3 God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near.
John’s Greeting to the Seven Churches

4 This letter is from John to the seven churches in the province of Asia.
Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit before his throne; 5 and from Jesus Christ. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world.

All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us. 6 He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

7 Look! He comes with the clouds of heaven.
And everyone will see him—
even those who pierced him.
And all the nations of the world
will mourn for him.
Yes! Amen!

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.”

Observation

He has made us a kingdom of priests for God. If you are a Christ follower then you are a priest. What does a priest do? What is the function of a priest? I think the main task of a priest is to go to God on behalf of someone else.

We have the privilege of asking God to work in the lives of the people around us. Who comes to your mind right now that needs for God to do a work in his or her life? Maybe it is your children, your grandchildren, a neighbor, a person at church, someone in your Sunday School class, a spouse ... you and I have the awesome privilege of being able to approach God on their behalf.


We can approach Him on their behalf because we are friends of God. A friendship that was bought with a price by Jesus Christ it cost Him His very life. Jesus has chosen us as His friends and wants us to grow in that relationship everyday. Is He Your very best friend? Really? Did you get up first thing this morning and spend time with him?

Application

My friendship and my relationship with Christ are not for me alone. I am to talk to Him on behalf of the people around me that need to be His friends to.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me. Thank You for allowing me to be Your friend. It is an awesome privilege. I am a priest in Your kingdom, which means that I am to pray for other people. My friendship with You is not just for me, but it is also so that others can have the opportunity to know You like I know You. Thank You for being my friend. I don’t deserve it. Nobody deserves it. You are a God of Grace and Mercy.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: