Friday, December 18, 2009

Born Again!

John 2; John 3; John 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 3

3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

Observation

Nicodemus was very religious, but he was not born again. He didn’t understand what Jesus was talking about and most people today don’t understand the way to Heaven.

Being good doesn’t make you a Christian any more than pushing a wheelbarrow into a garage makes it a car. You must be spiritually born again. We must be born into the family of God to become one of God’s children. Everyone on this planet is God’s creation, but only those that have been born again are His children.

If you were standing at Heaven’s gate and God asked you, “Why should I let you into my kingdom or my Heaven what would you say to Him?” Your answer to that question would let me know whether you understood the Good News of the Bible or not.

Most people want to try to get into Heaven by their own goodness, but God says that a person must be born again. Are you born again? If you don’t know what I am talking about then there is a very good chance that you are lost and on your way to a place called Hell.

How can someone be “born again” that was what Nicodemus wanted to know? “Can a person go back into his or her mother’s womb” Nicodemus asked? He couldn’t grasp a spiritual rebirth. Do you understand?

God says that we are dead in our trespasses and sins…we are dead people walking…we are spiritually dead…and our only hope is to have Someone take away our sin. Jesus died on the cross to pay the death penalty of our sins.

He paid with His own life what we deserve to receive. He died in our place. He did this as a “gift”. When we trust in what He did on the cross for us and we turn from sin and self and turn to God we are born again. By trusting in what Christ did for us we are spiritually born into the family of God.

Application

I will share this Good News with everyone I can.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Son to die on the cross for me. Thank You for giving me eternal life. I don’t deserve it. Thank You for letting me be born again. I have been born into Your family. I am Your child. Thank You for letting me have the joy of sharing the Gospel with those around me. Give me more and more opportunities to tell people of Your love so others can be born again.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: