Monday, December 28, 2009

The Prayers of God’s People

Revelation 5; Revelation 6; Revelation 7; Revelation 8; Revelation 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Revelation 5

6 Then I saw a Lamb that looked as if it had been slaughtered, but it was now standing between the throne and the four living beings and among the twenty-four elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which represent the sevenfold Spirit of God that is sent out into every part of the earth.

7 He stepped forward and took the scroll from the right hand of the one sitting on the throne. 8 And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. 9 And they sang a new song with these words:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and break its seals and open it.
For you were slaughtered, and your blood has ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 And you have caused them to become
a Kingdom of priests for our God.
And they will reign on the earth.”

Observation

Gold bowls filled with the prayers of God’s people…now do you think that God loves to hear us pray? He saves our prayers and they are like sweet smelling incense to Him.

Does that encourage you to pray? It sure encourages me. To think that I could say something to God in prayer that He would save and keep is amazing. He probably will not save any of my prayers that are totally self centered and selfish, but He probably loves my prayers that I pray for other people and that are prayers of praise to Him.


I wonder how many of our prayers God has saved up in those gold bowls?
Did you notice the promise in verse ten? We will be a Kingdom of priests and we will reign here on this earth!

Application

I will think about the prayers that I pray today and try to pray for others rather than for myself.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is easy for me to be self-centered and pray for my own needs. Help me to focus on others and be more concerned about the people around me than I am for myself.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: