Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Give All Your Worries and Cares to God and Don’t Take Them Back

1 Peter 1; 1 Peter 2; 1 Peter 3; 1 Peter 4; 1 Peter 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Peter 5

7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

Observation

Do you remember when you were a kid that you would give something to someone and then want it back? We used the term “Indian giver” back then and I know that that term is probably full of prejudice and I don’t even know why we used it except it was used when someone gave something and then took it back.

When it comes to worries and cares we tend to do the same thing. We give them to God but then we take them back and start worrying about them all over again. May I suggest that you keep giving them back to the Lord everything that you begin to worry about them again. It would be nice if once we gave our worries and cares to the Lord that we never thought of them again, but it doesn’t happen at least not in my case. There are some fears and worries that daily come back to my mind and I have to take them to the Lord over and over again. If I don’t I will find myself worrying about them and my thoughts will be consumed by them.

Application

I will try not to be an Indian giver when it comes to my worries and cares that I give to God today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me give You all my worries and cares and help me not take them back.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: