Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jesus Claims to Be God – “I AM”

John 7; John 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 8

58 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I AM!” 59 At that point they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple.

Observation

How many of the great “I AM” passages do you remember from reading God’s word? In the Old Testament God told Moses to tell the Israel children that I AM sent him and they would realize that he was God’s leader to lead them out of Egypt. Over and over again Jesus claimed to be God and the Jews knew what He was claiming and that is why they tried to kill Him.

I AM the Bread of Life, I AM the Good Shepherd, I AM the Door, I Am The Way, I AM The Truth, I AM The Life, I AM The Resurrection, I AM The Alpha and The Omega, and that is just to name of a few of the I AM passages referring to Jesus.

Do you know Him?

Has He become more than a baby in a manger to you? Do you believe that He is God and do you believe that He wants to save you from your sins? You can trust Him today. You can believe in Him right now.

Application

He is worthy of my worship. I will worship Him today. He is worthy of praise. I will praise Him today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for coming to this earth and living a sinless life and then dying on the cross to save me from my sins. You also died and laid down Your life not for just me but for everyone in this entire world. Your death on the cross as payment for our sins is the greatest gift of all, but it is a gift that must be received by us. Thank You for allowing me to understand the message of the Gospel. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for saving others that trust in you.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: