Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Throw Yourself Into What You Do For The Lord

1 Timothy 1; 1 Timothy 2; 1 Timothy 3; 1 Timothy 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Timothy 4

15 Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress.

Observation

Don’ t just go through the motions, instead throw yourself into what you do for the Lord. It is so easy to just go through the motions and get stuck in a rut. What do you need to do to get out of the rut and begin to once again serve the Lord with everything that you’ve got? Just do it!

Timothy must have been a little timid and a little laid back. Paul thought that he needed a gentle push to stay focused on the work that God had called him to. Who do you know that needs a gentle push today? Do you have a Timothy that needs a word of encouragement and gentle kick in the seat of the pants?

Application

I will throw my self into the work of the Lord today and I will also look for a Timothy that needs some encouragement.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to stay focused on what You have called me to do. Help me to throw myself into Your service. Give me the energy and the desire that I need today to be fruitful and productive for Your kingdom. Show me a Timothy who needs to be encouraged and let me encourage him in a way that truly motivates and helps him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: