Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We Don’t Belong Here

John 15; John 16; John 17; John 18
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 17

15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do.

Observation

Do you have the feeling that you just don’t belong here? If you have that feeling then there could be a good reason and that reason is this – if you are a Christian then you really don’t belong to this world anymore. It is not your home.

I have watched my grandson Louie get homesick when he is over at our house and it is really sad. Mainly it is really sad for us because he makes everybody unhappy when he is unhappy. The other night he was crying and kept saying, “I just want to go home.”

Jesus says that this in not our home. We are just here for a short time on this earth and it is not our permanent residence. Don’t get too comfortable here down this earth. You were made for Heaven if you are a Christian. You are not going to be totally at home here.

Application

Heaven is my home. I plan to act like it.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for my home in Heaven. Help me act like this is not my home and that I am only passing through. Show me how to live this life here on earth in a way that would please You and bring You glory. Be glorified in and through me today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: