Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blessed!

Jeremiah 16; Jeremiah 17; Psalm 96; John 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Blessed!

Scripture

Jeremiah 17

7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
and they never stop producing fruit.

Observation

I am blessed. God is so good. He has been so good to me. I trust in the Lord. He is my hope and my confidence! How about you? This passage reminds me of Psalm 1:

“Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers. [2] But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about his law. [3] They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season without fail. Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper.”

Application

I will rejoice in the fact today that I am blessed. I will enjoy God's promise to me found in Jeremiah and in Psalms that those that trust in Him will prosper and flourish!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for blessing me so much. Looking back on my life I have no regrets in living my life committed to You. I am so glad that You saved me from a life of sin and destruction. Thank You for showering me with Your blessings. I don't deserve it, but I am grateful to receive Your wonderful love and kindness. You are a Mighty God. You are so good. Be glorified today in our worship service.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: