Friday, August 26, 2011

No Greater Joy!

Jeremiah 50; Jeremiah 51; 3 John 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


No Greater Joy!

Scripture

3 John 1

4 I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth.

Observation

It gives me great joy to watch believers that I am helping follow the truth. Watching them grow in the Lord brings me tremendous joy. I have some that I am trying to help that are not walking in the truth. They seemed to be drawn to sin and darkness rather than the light. I wonder sometimes if they really even know the same Jesus that I know. Does the Holy Spirit reside in them like He does me? It is hard to say. They rob me of joy instead of providing joy to my life.

People that involves themselves in sin always bring down those around them. And the pleasure that they receive by sinning is nothing compared to the joy they could gain by living for Christ. It is crazy. It is also very sad.

Application

I will focus on those that bring You joy and I will try to help those that are drawn to sin.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, in the same week I am encouraged by those that are very committed to You and disappointed by those that yield to the pleasure of sin with all of its destruction. Strengthen those that are committed to You and help those in my life that are struggling with sin. I don't understand why they can't just choose a life of putting You first. Help me put You first all day today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: