Monday, August 08, 2011

Sheep and The Good Shepherd

Jeremiah 1; Jeremiah 2; John 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Sheep and The Good Shepherd

Scripture

John 10

10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,

Observation

Since we don't have a lot of sheep and shepherds in our day we might miss the meaning of this analogy if we are not careful. Jesus is the Good Shepherd and He wants to give us a rich and satisfying life. Are you experiencing this kind of life today? Why or why not?

Do you know for sure that when you die you will go to Heaven? Why or why not?

If you know the Good Shepherd and if you have become one of His sheep then you have eternal life and nobody can take it away from you.
I have a Good Shepherd and His name is Jesus. I have eternal life. I have a rich and satisfying life. How about you? If you have never asked Jesus Christ to become Lord and Savior of your life why not do it right now. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins and surrender your life to Him. Allow Him to become the Good Shepherd of your life.

Application

I will share this with the folks at Mission Tampa this morning.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help the people at Mission Tampa understand the Gospel today. So many of them are blinded to the truth of the Gospel. Open their eyes today. I pray that they could see that they are lost without Christ.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: