Friday, August 05, 2011

Don't Be So Quick To Judge

2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Don't Be So Quick To Judge

Scripture

John 7

24 Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly.”

Observation

I am usually so wrong about people when I first meet them. The people were so wrong about Jesus. They were judging Him because He healed someone on the Sabbath. He quickly showed them that they even healed on the Sabbath when they circumcised their sons on the Sabbath. He showed them their flawed understanding of the scriptures. They couldn't get past the fact that they thought He had broken one of their rules even if it was to totally heal someone.

Application

I want to be slower to judge others today and when I do make a judgment call I hope I can look beneath the surface to be able to judge correctly. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me Your heart. Help me see people like You see people and help me not to be quick to judge. I know that my heart is also desperately wicked and without Your Holy Spirit controlling me today I can totally misread the people around me. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for providing for me. You are so good.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: