Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Peek Into Heaven

Ezekiel 1; Ezekiel 2; Ezekiel 3; Revelation 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


A Peek Into Heaven

Scripture

Ezekiel 1

26 Above this surface was something that looked like a throne made of blue lapis lazuli. And on this throne high above was a figure whose appearance resembled a man. 27 From what appeared to be his waist up, he looked like gleaming amber, flickering like a fire. And from his waist down, he looked like a burning flame, shining with splendor. 28 All around him was a glowing halo, like a rainbow shining in the clouds on a rainy day. This is what the glory of the Lord looked like to me. When I saw it, I fell face down on the ground, and I heard someone’s voice speaking to me.

Observation

Here is a look into Heaven at the throne of Jesus from the book of Ezekiel. Compare it with the book of Revelation and I think you will find it just about the same. Ezekiel had the chance to peek into Heaven just like John had the chance to do. We get to enjoy their descriptions of what they saw.

God through His word has allowed me to also get a glimpse of Heaven. I can read about it any time that I want because of their descriptions. Glory...is the word that best describes what Ezekiel saw. God in all His glory. Jesus in all His glory.
And to think that the God of glory cares about us … that thought is just amazing. Think about that for awhile today.

Application

I will thank the Lord today for my salvation. I am grateful that God has redeemed me and has snatched me out of the traps of the Devil.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not be stubborn and hard headed. I want to be teachable and open to Your correction. Guide me today. Help me please You with my actions and my attitude. Let me serve You today in a way that brings You a smile.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: