Wednesday, August 03, 2011

When Trouble Comes Where Do You Turn?

Nahum 1; Nahum 2; Nahum 3; John 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

When Trouble Comes Where Do You Turn?

Scripture

Nahum 1

7 The Lord is good,
a strong refuge when trouble comes.
He is close to those who trust in him.

Observation

Here is a great promise for those of us who love the Lord. “The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him.”
Got trouble? Pray this verse back to your Heavenly Father! We have a Heavenly Father who is good. He is not up in Heaven trying to figure out ways to be mean to us. No, He is good and He is good all the time.

When storms come into your life and they will come, remember that you have a strong refuge. You have a safe place to be when those storms come. Snuggle up under the wings of the Almighty...get close to Him. Let Him protect you from all the trouble that life sends our way. It is a choice. We either stay out in the storm or we go to the One who can provide a safe place for us to weather the storm.

Application

I will seek refuge with the Lord when trouble comes because He is my strong refuge.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are good. You are my strong refuge when trouble comes. You are close to me because I trust in You. Guide me today. Help me as I go through this day to bring You honor and glory. It is my desire to be very close to You today. You are Mighty. Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: