Saturday, August 27, 2011

Don't Be Afraid!

Jeremiah 52; Revelation 1; Psalm 143; Psalm 144
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Don't Be Afraid!

Scripture

Revelation 1

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.

Observation

“Don't be afraid” is a phrase that the Lord uses over and over in scripture. We are commanded over and over again not to be afraid. As John sees Jesus in all of His glory he hits the ground – he is petrified with fear! I would be too. Can you imagine having the chance to see the glorified risen Lord.
John saw Jesus when He walked the earth with the disciples, but he had not seen the gloried Lord and Savior.

When we see Jesus His appearance will be like what we read about in Revelation and not what we read about in the gospel of John. I can't wait. How about you?

Application

I will not be afraid today. I will live this day seeking to please Him Who lives forever and ever!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I would love to see Jesus like John had the chance to do. John suffered a lot for you and even though I have not suffered like John I love You. One day I may have the opportunity to suffer like Your disciples did and like other believers are doing all over this world. It is my desire to serve You with all my heart and soul even though I live in a country where Your name can be proclaimed without fear of persecution. One day I know that will change, but right now there is freedom. I know that we will be held more accountable for the opportunity to live under this special situation and not taking advantage of it to the fullest. Help me to be the witness You would have me to be. I don't want to lose opportunities to serve You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: