Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Praying With Results!

Jeremiah 33; Jeremiah 34; Psalm 74; 1 John 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Praying With Results!

Scripture

1 John 5

14 And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. 15 And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

16 If you see a Christian brother or sister sinning in a way that does not lead to death, you should pray, and God will give that person life.

21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.

Observation

Praying prayers that please our Heavenly Father is the key to having our prayers answered. One prayer that always pleases Him is when we pray for a brother or sister that has been drawn into sin. God will work in their life because we are praying for them. Then the final word to all of us is to guard our hearts and keep stuff from taking God's rightful place.

Application

I will think about my prayer life today and I will try to pray the prayers that I know please God because I know that if they please Him then He will respond to my requests.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for listening to us when we pray. Help me to pray for things that please You. I know that if I do pray for things that please You then You will answer me with a “Yes”. Keep me away from things that do not please You and keep me away from things that would take Your place in my heart. Guard my heart today. I pray for Your direction. I want to please You with the way I live out this day. Thank You for fixing my phone yesterday. Cell phones are a breeze for You to repair. Nothing is too hard for You. Be glorified today in and through my life.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: