Thursday, August 11, 2011

Boasting In Jesus Alone

Jeremiah 7; Jeremiah 8; Jeremiah 9; John 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Boasting In Jesus Alone

Scripture

Jeremiah 9

23 This is what the Lord says:
“Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom,
or the powerful boast in their power,
or the rich boast in their riches.
24 But those who wish to boast
should boast in this alone:
that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord

Observation

Care to boast about something, if you do then you better make sure that you are boasting about the Lord. Power, wisdom and riches all are something that someone could boast about but if you are smart you will boast about knowing the Lord. Give Him the glory and the honor. Don't take glory and honor for yourself or you will be sorry.

Boast in the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth because He delights in those things.

Application

I will live out today recognizing that I have nothing to boast about except Christ who has changed my life. Everything good about my life I owe to Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, my boast is in You and in You alone. I realize that on my own I can do nothing but with Christ I can do everything. I can live this day in victory because of Jesus Christ. He deserves the glory and the honor. I will make my boast in Him.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: