Sunday, August 07, 2011

Jesus is Worthy of Worship

Zephaniah 1; Zephaniah 2; Zephaniah 3; John 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Jesus is Worthy of Worship

Scripture

John 9

35 When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
36 The man answered, “Who is he, sir? I want to believe in him.”
37 “You have seen him,” Jesus said, “and he is speaking to you!”
38 “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus.

Observation

Jesus healed the blind man even though the blind man didn't have a clue at first who Jesus was. It was after the blind man was healed that he began to find out about who healed him. Once he hears about who it is that healed him he worshiped Jesus. Only God can be truly worshiped. Jesus accepted the blind man's worship because Jesus is God. He was born blind. You and I are born blind spiritually.

Only God can open up our spiritual eyes so that we can see. If you have come to a place in your life where you understand that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you and you have surrendered your life to Him and He is now your Lord and Savior then it was God who gave you the spiritual understand or the spiritual sight to be saved. We don't save ourselves.

Have you said in your heart, “yes, Lord, I believe?” Have you been healed of your spiritual blindness? Then worship Jesus!

Application

I am awe filled to think that the Creator God of this Universe has chosen to heal me of my spiritual blindness. I will thank Him all day today. And I will pray for others to be saved today as we worship.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for taking the spiritual blinders off of my eyes and allowing me to be saved. Thank You for saving me. I pray that You do the same thing for the others in my family. I pray that they could worship You just like I have the opportunity to do. You are wonderful. You are a Mighty God. You are the Light of the World.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: