Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If God Says It You Better Believe It!

Ezekiel 12; Ezekiel 13; Ezekiel 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

If God Says It You Better Believe It!

Scripture

Ezekiel 12

25 a For I am the Lord! If I say it, it will happen.

Observation

There is the idea that what God warns us about in scripture will not happen to us, but that those terrible things will happen later to someone else. We can sometimes think that we will not experience God's wrath or God's punishment. Ezekiel was God's prophet and even though God didn't destroy him, Ezekiel still had to suffer because of the sins of the nation of Israel. You and I will have to suffer because of the sins of our nation too.

The sins of other people also damage our lives. When someone sins there is always consequences that extend to those close to that person. It might be someone getting drunk and getting arrested. That person then is dependent on everyone else to get them to work or to the store because they are no longer allowed to drive. It is no different with any other sin.

If God says it, He will do it – count on it. It will happen. God says in His word, “Be sure that your sin will find you out” you can count on it – it will happen!

Application

I will keep my sins confessed up.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I believe that You will do everything that You promise in Your word. I believe that You bless just like You promise and I believe that You will punish just like You promise. You always keep Your word. Help me to walk close to You today. It is my desire to please You in everything that I do.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: