Thursday, August 04, 2011

Human Effort Accomplishes Nothing!

2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Human Effort Accomplishes Nothing!

Scripture

John 6

63 The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Observation

When I talk to people at Mission Tampa about their relationship with God they almost always talk about being good or doing good stuff to please God to get into Heaven. This verse tells us how much human effort accomplishes in getting us into Heaven...Nothing...Zero...Nada!

Application

I will continue to share the Gospel of Grace and I will continue to shatter people's hopes of getting to Heaven on their own effort.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You alone save. Salvation is in no other name but Jesus. Help me communicate the Gospel clearly and exalt Jesus. Take the spiritual blinders off of the people that hear the Gospel. Draw people to yourself. I pray that people will be saved this Sunday at Christ Fellowship.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: