Saturday, August 06, 2011

God is Sovereign!

Habakkuk 1; Habakkuk 2; Habakkuk 3; John 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


God is Sovereign!


Scripture

Habakkuk 3

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights.

Observation

This is a great passage for all of us this week as we have watched the meltdown on Wall Street. It is a great reminder that we must focus on the Lord and not on circumstances. Who is your strength? Can you say, “The Sovereign Lord is my strength!” Are you rejoicing today?

Application

I will rejoice in the Lord. I will praise Him all day today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my strength. I rejoice in You. You make me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. Even though everything turns and heads south I will rejoice in You. I put my trust in You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: