Saturday, August 13, 2011

We Must Influence Those Around Us

Jeremiah 13; Jeremiah 14; Jeremiah 15; John 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


We Must Influence Those Around Us

Scripture

Jeremiah 15

You must influence them;
do not let them influence you!
20 They will fight against you like an attacking army,
but I will make you as secure as a fortified wall of bronze.

Observation

I think we as a church have forgotten that we are to influence the world and not the other way around. On matters of moral integrity, like lying, cheating, stealing, sexual immorality when polls are taken there is not much difference in church goers and non church goers. I don't understand why. Do you?

As I read the word of God every day I am instructed to live a life that is different from the rest of the world. If something is not going to bring God glory then it is not for me. I am not saying that I am perfect. I am still a sinner. I am a forgiven sinner who desires to live my life pleases my Heavenly Father.

Once we step into the light and surrender our lives to Christ then we should continue to walk in that light so we can bring Him honor and glory. Shine for Jesus.
What is different about your life from those that don't know Christ?

Application

I will influence those around me and not the other way around. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Jeremiah felt so alone and it seems that he felt like because of his suffering that You had forgotten him. Help me to be as faithful to You as Jeremiah was and don't let me get caught up in the sin around me. I want to influence the people around me. I want to help move them to a closer relationship with You. You are a Mighty God. You are Worthy of Praise. May Your hand be on our church tomorrow and I pray that people would put their faith and trust in You for their salvation. I pray for new people to find their way to our church. And I pray that they would find a place to serve.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: