Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Living Like Jesus!

Jeremiah 31; Jeremiah 32; 1 John 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Living Like Jesus!

Scripture

1 John 4

16 We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 17 And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.

Observation

As I read Jeremiah this morning I saw how God was going to destroy Israel because they were so evil and they had turned away from the One and Only True God. They did some terrible things like sacrificing their children to the god Molech. It is hard to understand why they didn't stay true to God after they had dome so much for them.

In 1 John I read this morning that God loves us so much and if we love Him it should show in how we love other Christians. We should live like Jesus did here in this world. Jesus gave His life for us. So we should be willing to do the same thing. Do people say about us, “Those people live like Jesus?” It would be great if they knew that we were Christ Followers just by our behavior. Our verbal witness does not count for much if it is not back up with a life of good works.

It is also great to be reminded that “God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.” God lives in me. The Creator God of this Universe lives in me. Amazing! Does He live in you too? If you have surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus Christ then “yes” He lives in you too!

Application

I am a child of God. God lives in me. I will live this Jesus today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live like Jesus today. Keep me away from sin. Guard my heart. Help me please You as I go through this day.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: