Wednesday, August 17, 2011

God Is Sovereign...He Is In Control!

Jeremiah 23; Jeremiah 24; Jeremiah 25; John 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


God Is Sovereign...He Is In Control!

Scripture

John 19

10 “Why don’t you talk to me?” Pilate demanded. “Don’t you realize that I have the power to release you or crucify you?”

11 Then Jesus said, “You would have no power over me at all unless it were given to you from above. So the one who handed me over to you has the greater sin.”

12 Then Pilate tried to release him,...”

Observation

There are times when I think evil is winning out in this world as I watch on TV all of the terrible things being done by governments all over the world. Then I read my Bible and I am reminded that God even uses those evil governments for His purposes. He is in control. As I watch our country slide downward I am reminded that nations rise and fall based on their relationship with God. Sometimes God allows very evil nations to rise up to punish another nation for their sins. We see Him do that over and over again as we read the prophets in the Old Testament.

No leader has any power at all unless God has given it to him. And God will bring that leader down when that leader has fulfilled God's purpose for him or her. Only from God's perspective will we ever understand why leaders like Castro stay in power. It is beyond our ability to understand. And there are leaders in this world far more worse that Castro that seem to stay in power for decades.

Application

I realize today that I serve a Sovereign God. He is in control. Nothing surprises Him and we are on the winning team.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, there is so much evil in this world. So much that is out of our control, but nothing happens that catches You by surprise. You are an awesome all-powerful God. Nothing is out of Your control. You have a plan and nobody is going to change that plan. One day every knee will bow at the Name of Your Son Jesus and I look forward to that day. Come Lord Jesus...Come!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: