Friday, May 25, 2012

Baptism Is A Beautiful Picture Of Our New Life In Christ … Have You Been Baptized?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 10; 1 Kings 11; 2 Chronicles 9; Romans 6

Baptism

Is A Beautiful Picture Of Our New Life In Christ …

Have You Been Baptized?
 
Scripture

Romans 6

So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace? Of course not! Our old sinful life ended. It’s dead. So how can we continue living in sin?
 
Did you forget that all of us became part of Christ Jesus when we were baptized? In our baptism we shared in his death. So when we were baptized, we were buried with Christ and took part in his death. And just as Christ was raised from death by the wonderful power of the Father, so we can now live a new life.

Observation

I have noticed that quite a few people making decisions for Christ at our church are missing out on being baptized. Baptism doesn’t save us but it is the first command that Jesus gives us as new Christians.

It is hard to live a life of obedience to Christ if you don’t follow your decision to accept Christ with the decision to be baptized. Maybe as you read this you realize that you are one of those Christians that need to follow through with believer’s baptism.

I actually got baptized twice, once when I was nine years old and again when I was in my twenties. At nine years old an evangelist scared me down the aisle and I think every kid in the church got baptized that following Sunday. At nineteen years old I realized that I was a sinner and I prayed and asked God to save me. It wasn’t until a few years later that I was obedient in following Christ’s first command to be baptized.

So at nine years old I just got wet! Maybe that describes your baptism too!

Baptism doesn’t save us. It doesn’t save us, but it allows us to walk in obedience with Jesus.

Do you need to be baptized? Let me know and we can make plans for a baptism party!

Application

I will continue to talk to people about following Christ in believer’s baptism after they make a decision to follow Him.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that every Sunday we would see people giving their lives to Christ and following Him in believer’s baptism. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: