Saturday, May 19, 2012

Will You Make Promises To God To Live Your Life … So That It Counts?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 4; 1 Kings 5; 2 Chronicles 2; Psalm 101; 2 Thessalonians 3

Will You Make 

Promises To God 

To Live Your Life … So That It Counts?

Scripture

Psalm 101

... I will lead a life of integrity
    in my own home.
I will refuse to look at
    anything vile and vulgar. 


Observation

The word “will” can be found fifteen times in Psalm 101, at least in the New Living Translation! David is making some serious promises to God about how he is going to live. What promises have you and I made to God? 

Here are two promises that David made that I have also made to God:
  1. I will lead a life of integrity in my home.
  2. I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. 

I needed to make those promises to God for the sake of my marriage and for the success of my ministry. 


 It is my desire to be a man of integrity.
I don’t want garbage (things that are vile and vulgar) getting into my heart through my eyes that will mess up my marriage and my ministry. 

How about you?  

Application

I will continue to make promises to God about how I live my life and what I allow my eyes to focus on!  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me always be a man of integrity. Don’t let me yield to the temptation of looking at things that would mess up my heart. Keep me strong. Don’t let me mess up. You are Worthy of Praise. Great is Your Faithfulness! 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: