Saturday, May 12, 2012

How Does God Feel About You? The Answer To That Question May Be A Pleasant Surprise For You!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 21; 2 Samuel 22; 2 Samuel 23; 1 Thessalonians 1

How Does God Feel About You?

The Answer To That Question 

May Be A Pleasant Surprise For You!

Scripture

2 Samuel 22

20 He led me to a place of safety;
    he rescued me because he delights in me. 


Observation

David could not contain his praise for His God. This is a Psalm that is found in 2 Samuel 22 which could have been placed in the book of Psalms. 

So many Christians don’t know how God feels about them. They have some very messed up ideas about the character of God. I don’t know how you think God thinks about you, but I agree with David in 2 Samuel 22:20, “He delights in me!”

I make God smile. He loves me. He not only loves me He delights in me. 

I delight in Kathy. I delight in my children and I really delight in my grandchildren. Last night two of our grandchildren came over to see their Grandma for Mother’s day a little early because they weren’t going to get to see her on Sunday. We totally delighted in them last night!

I understand how God could delight in me even though I am the sinner that I am. He overlooks all of that as He sees my heart for Him. 

If you have a heart for God then God delights in You! 

Application

I will praise God today because He delights in me! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my rock, my fortress, and my savior; You are my rock, in whom I find protection. You are my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. You are my refuge, my savior, the One who saves me from violence. I called on You, who is worthy of praise, You led me to a place of safety; You rescued me because You delight in me.O Lord, you are my lamp. You light up my darkness.   

In Your strength I can crush an army; with You I can scale any wall.
Your ways are perfect. All of Your promises prove true. You are a shield for all who look to You for protection.  For who is God except You?  Who but You is a solid rock? You are my strong fortress, and You make my way perfect. Amen (Taken from 2 Samuel 22)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: