Thursday, May 03, 2012


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20

My Heroes

I See Them Every Sunday Morning

Are You One Of Them?

Scripture

Matthew 20

26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.
 
28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Observation

At Christ Fellowship we have so many people that are serving on Sunday mornings! They are my heroes! I love to see them so hard at work and so happy serving in all the different places where God has planted them. 


I love coming on Sunday mornings to be greeted by our teenagers out at our Sligh Ave. entrance! They greet every person passing by our church and they do it every Sunday morning! What a great group of teenagers we have serving at Christ Fellowship!

Then Kathy and I drive into the parking lot and the first thing we see are several smiling men greeting everyone that comes their way. They are having fun and it is obvious that they love what they are doing! 

As you walk up to any door whether it is the Preschool, KidCity, or the main church entrance you will be greeted once again by more greeters. Once inside our Preschool and once inside KidCity you will find an army of volunteers that love kids! 

I ask kids every Sunday how they liked KidCity and they always tell me that they loved it. They love it because of all the super people that serve with Becca Sandison in KidCity! And it is the same for our preschoolers as they leave their preschool classrooms! They love coming to Christ Fellowship!

Once inside our buildings you will be greeted again either at one of our check-ins, or at Guest Central in the main foyer of our auditorium. You will be greeted again at the inside doors of the auditorium and even before you go in you will be served by our smiling food hospitality team who always has something good prepared for us when we arrive.

It is impossible to mention all of our different areas where people serve and not leave some out, but here are some more areas where people serve and if I have left out your ministry I apologize: AV team; Praise team; Choir; Clean team; Counseling team; Praise band; Guest Central; Next Steps; Life Group leaders; Risk Management team; Sign team; First impression team. (Sorry if I left your group out!)

I am amazed every Sunday at what I experience! It is an incredible thing just to watch! The excitement generated every Sunday by this huge team of servants is contagious! It is wonderful! I praise God for everyone at Christ Fellowship that has found a place to serve!

Application

I am privileged to be able to wear an Orange Christ Fellowship T Shirt on Sunday mornings just to be identified with this wonderful team God has put together! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that You bless every person that serves at Christ Fellowship! I pray that this Sunday that they come with smiles on their faces and joy in the hearts. I pray that their excitement will continue to cause others to volunteer to serve. I realize that even Jesus “came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” We serve You when we serve those that You have placed around us. Help us serve You this week with all of our hearts!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: