Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Do You Need A Hiding Place? Need To Get Away From Trouble? Psalm 32 …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 15; 2 Samuel 16; Psalm 32; Matthew 25

Do You Need A Hiding Place?


Need To Get Away From Trouble?

Psalm 32 …

Scripture

Psalm 32

For you are my hiding place;
    you protect me from trouble.

    You surround me with songs of victory. Interlude

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
    I will advise you and watch over you.


Observation


David needed a hiding place. His son Absalom had rebelled and all of Israel had joined in the rebellion. 

“…So Absalom went to Hebron. But while he was there, he sent secret messengers to all the tribes of Israel to stir up a rebellion against the king.” 2 Samuel 15:9b-10

David had to once again flee for his life. He had to once again depend on the Lord to save him.
David had a hiding place – it was the best hiding place. You and I can also take advantage of the same hiding place. 

Do you have any storms or any battles that you need to get away from? 

   But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31 

“My God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.” 2 Samuel 22:3

The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. Psalm 18:2

Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety” (Proverbs 29:25 NLT) Remember, his angels … guard you” (Psalm 91:11 NIV) He is your “refuge” (Psalm 62:8), your “hiding place” (Psalm 32:7), your “fortress” (2 Samuel 22:2-3). “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (Psalm 118:6) (Taken from Max Lucado’s book “Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear”.)
  
Application

I will go to My Hiding Place when I experience the storms of life! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my rock, in whom I find protection. You are my shield, the power that saves me, and You are my place of safety. You are my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. (2 Samuel 22:3)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: