Saturday, May 12, 2012

How Often Do You Pray? What Do You Usually Pray For? David Can Help Us With Our Prayer Life!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 19; 2 Samuel 20; Psalm 55; Matthew 28

How Often Do You Pray? 

What Do You Usually Pray For? 

David Can Help Us With Our Prayer Life!

Scripture

Psalm 55

16 But I will call on God,
    and the Lord will rescue me.
17 Morning, noon, and night
    I cry out in my distress,
    and the Lord hears my voice.
18 He ransoms me and keeps me safe 


Observation

How often do you pray? 

Do you pray in the morning? How about in the afternoon and evening? 

God wants us to pray all of the time. He doesn’t want us to pray just when we want something or just when we are in trouble. He wants us to talk to Him all the time. He wants to hear about everything! He wants to hear about the big stuff and He wants to hear all about the small stuff! He wants us to spend time talking to Him about everything that is happening in our lives. 

Do you have that kind of relationship with God?

David had that kind of relationship with his Heavenly Father. As you read the book of Psalms just think about how many of those Psalms were written by David. They were some of His prayers to God that we get to enjoy and we can also pray those Psalms back to God. 

Here are some great Psalms to pray back to God: Psalm 23; Psalm 34; Psalm 37; Psalm 118 and I know that you could pick out a lot more! 

Application

I will pray to my God morning, noon, and night! How about you?  

Prayer

You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 118:28-29


No comments: