Tuesday, May 01, 2012


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Chronicles 14; 1 Chronicles 15; Psalm 132; Matthew 18

Have You Been Hurt By Someone?

How Many Times Do You Have To Forgive Them? 

Great Question – Jesus Gives Us The Answer In This Passage!

Scripture

Matthew 18

21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?”
22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!
35 “That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart.”

Observation

God has lavished His love on us by sending His Son to die for us while we were still sinners. If we have placed our faith and our trust in Jesus Christ then we have been forgiven of so much. We deserve to go to Hell, but God has provided a Way for us to go to Heaven. 

Yesterday I had someone at Mission Tampa tell me that he deserved to go to Heaven! By the time I explained Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23 he understood that instead of deserving Heaven both he and I deserved to be in the place called Hell. 

But because of God’s Grace and God’s forgiveness Christians get to by-pass Hell and we get to go to Heaven. 

You and I must forgive as Christ has forgiven us. He laid down His life for us and we need to do the same thing for those around us even those that hurt us and are mean to us. 

The small group that meets at our house is going through the Bible and we are taking turns telling the exciting stories from God’s Word. Last night my wife Kathy had the opportunity to tell the entire story about forgiveness found in chapter 18 of Matthew. Wow! What a powerful story about how we should forgive others! 

Take time to read it today!

Application

I will forgive those that hurt me just as Christ has forgiven me.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, forgiveness is something that is hard to do. I know when I have been hurt by people it has been real difficult to forgive them. You have forgiven us of so much. And we are to forgive just as you have forgiven us. Give me the ability to do that. Help me forgive seventy times seven. Don’t let me become bitter. Don’t let me hold on to resentment. Help me to forgive quickly. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: