Saturday, May 26, 2012

Here Are Two Great Verses For All Of Us To Help Make This Day Successful


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Proverbs 1; Proverbs 2; Proverbs 3; Romans 7 (Easy-to-Read Version)

Here Are Two Great Verses

For All Of Us 

To Help Make This Day Successful

Scripture

Proverbs 3

Trust the LORD completely, and don’t depend on your own knowledge. With every step you take, think about what he wants, and he will help you go the right way. 

Observation

I have been reading for the past several days using the “Easy-to-Read Version” of the Bible. As I was reading this Proverb these verses caught my attention, but it didn’t even dawn on me that I had just read Proverbs 3:5-6 because I have Proverbs 3:5-6 memorized in the “King James Version” of the Bible. 

It is a great idea to use a different version of the Bible to read every once in awhile to get a fresh meaning of what God is saying to us. I usually read from the New Living Translation of the Bible, which has now become my favorite version!

I love how this version says, “With every step you take, think about what He wants, and He will help you go the right way.” 

Think about what He wants … that is great advice for us today! Check in with the Lord and see what He wants us to do today! 

You want to see how those verses read in the King James, “ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 

Application

I will trust in, lean on, and acknowledge the Lord today. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to trust You completely, and not depend on my own knowledge. With every step I take, I will think about what You want, and You will help me go the right way. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: