Thursday, May 10, 2012


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 18; Psalm 56; Matthew 27

God Is On Your Side!

Praise Him For What He Has Promised

Do You Know Some Promises That God Has Made To You?

Scripture

Psalm 56

My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
    This I know: God is on my side!


10 I praise God for what he has promised;
    yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.


11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me? 


Observation

Everyday I depend on God’s promises to get me through the day. I don’t know what I would do without the promises of God. People that don’t read the word of God on a daily basis go through life without being able to depend and trust in the Lord like people that do. 

God’s word has thousands of promises and God intends for you and me to hold on to them to make it through this life in victory. Can you name four or five promises from God’s word right now?


Application

I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for providing us the Bible that is full of Your promises. We can trust in every one of them. Each promise in Your word to gives us hope and assurance. You are on our side. I trust in You, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: