Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Here Is Something You Ought To Do Live In A Way That Please God!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Chronicles 25; 1 Chronicles 26; 1 Chronicles 27; 1 Thessalonians 4

Here Is Something 

You Ought To Do

Live In A Way That Please God!

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 4

Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you.

Observation

How are you living out your life? Are you living just to please yourself or have you learned that you are to live in a way that pleases God?

I watch people that are struggling with substance abuse and I notice that most of them are living to please or satisfy themselves. They are only concerned about themselves. I know that is a generalization and not every addict may fit into that category, but for the majority it does. They are living for what brings them pleasure, comfort or numbs his or her pain.

If a person that is struggling with substance abuse would just realize how much God loves them and how much God wants to use them to serve and help others then they could walk in victory over the addiction.

I talked with a woman yesterday at Mission Tampa that has been living on the street and surviving by eating food out of dumpsters. She is 13 days sober and she is excited because she is now living in a recovery house. As I counseled with her I told her that God loved her and that God wants to use her to help others have victory over alcohol, but as longs as she only thinks about herself she was going to continue to yield to the temptation of having another drink.

God has a plan and purpose for our lives and it includes helping others. We serve God by serving others. Pleasing God is when we serve others.

The next time I see this lady I hope and pray that she tells me that she is still walking in sobriety and she is helping others to do the same thing.  

Application

I will strive to live this week in a way that pleases God. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for Judy and others that struggle with substance abuse. Set her free. I pray that her life would be transformed and that she would be able to serve You by helping others to come to put their faith and their trust in You. Help her to serve You by serving others! Help me to please You this week by the way I live. Don’t let me mess up!


Pastor Bruce and Heather’s book was released today! Order it today … reWritten


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: