Tuesday, May 22, 2012

If It Is Free It’s For Me (And You) We Are Made Right With God By His Grace! This Is A Free Gift.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 8; 2 Chronicles 5; Psalm 99; Romans 3

If It Is Free

It’s For Me (And You)

We Are Made Right With God By His Grace! This Is A Free Gift.

Scripture

Romans 3

22 God makes people right through their faith in Jesus Christ. He does this for all who believe in Christ. Everyone is the same.
 
23 All have sinned and are not good enough to share God’s divine greatness.
 
24 They are made right with God by his grace. This is a free gift. 

Being made free from sin through Jesus Christ makes them right with God. God gave Jesus as a way to forgive people’s sins through their faith in him. God can forgive them because the blood sacrifice of Jesus pays for their sins.

Observation

How many people attending our church know the correct answer to this question:

If you were standing at Heaven’s gate and God asked you, “Why should I let you into my Heaven?” What would you say?

Monday, when I was talking with people at Mission Tampa and I asked them that question I think maybe 2 people knew the correct answer. Most of the people would say something like, “I hope I have done enough good things to get into Heaven.” I had an interesting response from a guy named David who said, “I think that I have done enough good things to keep me out of Hell.” 

We had a good laugh together at his answer then I explained to him Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23 and he realized that he couldn’t do enough good things to keep himself out of Hell!

David lives close to our church and he and his girl friend said that they plan to visit our church and I believe that they will! 

A gift is something that is free for the person receiving it. The person must receive the gift before it becomes theirs. God laid down a gift for us 2,000 years ago. The gift is eternal life through Jesus Christ. It is a gift that cost God His only Son. It was very costly to Him, but it doesn’t cost you and me anything to receive it.

Have you received the Gift? Do you have eternal life? Surrender your life to Christ today and receive His free gift of forgiveness! 

Application

I will pray for David and Danielle and Rosa this week. They all promised to attend our church and they all need a relationship with Jesus.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, open the spiritual eyes of David, Danielle, and Rosa so that they may receive Your free gift of salvation. I pray that they will be in church this Sunday. If they don’t attend our church I pray that they attend some church that preaches Jesus! Thank You for allowing me to talk with them about You. I pray that You do a Mighty Work in each one of their lives. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: