Monday, May 21, 2012

New Songs Nine Times I Found Where Scriptures Exhorts Us To Sing “New Songs” To The Lord!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4; Psalm 98; Romans 2

New Songs

Nine Times I Found

Where Scriptures Exhort Us To Sing “New Songs” To The Lord! 

Scripture

Psalm 98

Sing to the Lord a new song,
    for he has done marvelous things;

Observation

I found nine different passages where we are called on in the Bible to sing a “new song” to the Lord. I did a search to see if the scriptures requested for us to sing “an old song” to the Lord but I couldn’t find a place where it did. You might find a reference but in the quick search I did I couldn’t find one.

Isn’t it interesting how we tend to want to hear the good old songs and how we are tempted to criticize the new songs that are being sung to our God. Is that human nature … our old nature … or what? I don’t know but I think it is very interesting!

Some folks consider many new songs that we sing in church “noise”! I heard someone use that term the other day to describe our music … imagine that!

I know someone in our church who is always writing new songs to the Lord. Linda Renner is so gifted and so right on target with what this Psalmist says to do, “Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things”.

I like the old hymns that I heard when I was younger, but I don’t find in scripture where I am to cherish those old hymns over the new songs being sung to the Lord in our worship services today.

Think about that … if and when you are tempted to criticize the new songs that are being sung in churches today!  

Application

I will listen on Joy FM this week and in church this coming Sunday for a new song to sing to the Lord! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am glad that You want to hear “new songs”. I pray that You give our praise team new songs to teach us this week! Use the music in our worship services to reach new young people. I pray that the music brings glory and honor to Your name. Help us not get in a rut with the songs that we sing to You, but that we would always be creating “new songs” to sing to You! You are Worthy of Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: