Monday, November 19, 2012

“Come, Follow Me, And I Will Make You A Different Kind Of Fisherman. You Will Bring In People, Not Fish.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Matthew 1; Matthew 2; Matthew 3; Matthew 4 

“Come, Follow Me, 

And I Will Make You A Different Kind Of Fisherman.

You Will Bring In People, Not Fish.”

Scripture

Matthew 4 

19 Jesus said to them, “Come, follow me, and I will make you a different kind of fishermen. You will bring in people, not fish.”

Observation

Since Jesus said it I believe it! Our main task on planet earth is to bring in people, not fish. Our job to pay the bills and keep the lights on in our homes may be selling cars, teaching school, construction, or working in an office somewhere, etc., but our calling from God is to bring people to Jesus! 

It is what we do – or at least it is what we should do.

I don’t know about you, but I need to re-focus on the task of bringing people to Jesus. It is easy to get off task. There are lots of substitutes that easily get us off target.  

Application

I will make a list of the men that I need to contact and I will begin to meet with them one on one.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to bring men to Jesus. Don’t let me miss out on the blessing of seeing men’s lives transformed by Your Power. Give me the ability to move guys closer to You. You are an Awesome God. Worthy of All Praise! 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: