Tuesday, November 20, 2012

“If You Look At People And Want To Help Them, You Will Be Full Of Light.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Matthew 5; Matthew 6; Matthew 7

“If You Look At People

And Want To Help Them,

You Will Be Full Of Light.”

Scripture

Matthew 6

22 “The only source of light for the body is the eye. If you look at people and want to help them, you will be full of light. 23 But if you look at people in a selfish way, you will be full of darkness. And if the only light you have is really darkness, you have the worst kind of darkness.

Observation

We look at people all the time don’t we?

When we look at them what is going on in our minds and in our hearts? Do we judge them by their appearance? Do we quickly turn away from them because they are not like us? Do we steer clear of them because we would rather not be bothered?

We are selfish aren’t we?

Maybe we look at someone that is obviously very successful and want to hang with him or her because it makes us look good. What bad toads we are!

We tend to be self-centered don’t we? It is our default position.

Unless we surrender our lives daily to the Lord Jesus Christ we can expect our selfish nature to dominate and be in control.

Here is a good test to see if you and I are full of the Holy Spirit.

When you and I look at people and want to help them then we are full God’s Holy ___________!

When you and I look at people in a selfish way, you and I are full of __________________________.

Application

When I see people today, when I think about them, and when I pray for them I want God to give me the desire to help them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me want to help the people I see. Give me Your Eyes. Give me Your Heart. Give me the desire to help the people that You bring into my life. Be in control of my life today so that I might bring You glory and honor. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: