Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Don’t Let Anything Change You. Always Give Yourselves Fully To The Work Of The Lord. You Know That Your Work In The Lord Is Never Wasted.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Psalm 149; 1 Corinthians 15; 1 Corinthians 16

Don’t Let Anything Change You.

Always Give Yourselves Fully To The Work Of The Lord.

You Know That Your Work In The Lord Is Never Wasted.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 16

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, stand strong. Don’t let anything change you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord. You know that your work in the Lord is never wasted.

Observation

Finishing Well! 

We read in the newspapers and we are hearing on Television that decorated Generals that have served our country well in the past are now being accused of not “finishing well”. What a shame! This year we have heard of a famous and well thought of college football coach that at the end of an unbelievable career left a legacy of not finishing well. 

It is even more important for you and I to finish well. 

Here is what Paul says to us today. He says, “Stand strong. Don’t let anything change you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord.” Then he adds, “You know that your work in the Lord is never wasted.” 

Sin that is allowed to go unchecked and hidden, sin that is allowed to remain un-confessed and un-forgiven can wreck our lives just when our lives need to count the most for God’s kingdom.
Paul is pleading with you and me today for us to finish well. 

It is our choice.
  
Application

 I will stand strong today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that Satan would love to destroy my family and me. He would love to destroy our church. Help me to stand strong. Help me to fully give myself to serving You with all of my heart. Don’t let me mess up. Help me to finish well.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: