Friday, November 23, 2012

“Don’t You Understand Yet?” Jesus Asked. “…The Words You Speak Come From The Heart.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Matthew 14; Matthew 15; Matthew 16


“Don’t You Understand Yet?” Jesus Asked.


“…The Words You Speak 

Come From The Heart.”


Scripture

Matthew 15

 

16 “Don’t you understand yet?” Jesus asked.
 
17 “Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer. 18 But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you. 19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 20 These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you.”

Observation

Listen to what comes out of your mouth …it comes from your heart!

I am shocked at some of the things I say … how about you? I am not talking about profanity.  I am talking about mean words, hateful words, and cutting words that come out of my mouth. I can’t believe it sometimes – how mean I can be.

Oh … you are not like that?

    "The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? Jeremiah 17:9

Your heart is also worse than you may think!

What comes out of our mouths is just a reflection of what is in our heart!

Oh … he or she didn’t really mean to say that. Or have you heard someone say this when someone says something really ugly, “Don’t worry about what they said, they are not really like that.” Oh really? Yes, they are!

You and I are a mess.

We have hearts that need to be completely filled with Jesus/Holy Spirit. When are hearts aren’t filled with Jesus then our hearts are filled with us and outflows mean and ugly stuff! Everyday we must be filled with Jesus. You may ask, “Why do we need to be filled by Jesus daily.” The answer, simple, because we leak!

Application

I am asking Jesus to totally fill my heart/life today. I am asking Him to show me any sin in my life and to convict me when my words reflect an ugly heart. 
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I need Jesus to totally fill me today. Show me anything in my life that doesn’t please You. Help me as I go through this day not to be mean with the words I say or harsh with the tone I use. When I reveal an ugly heart with the words that come out of my mouth I pray that You bring correction to my life. Show me quickly so I can ask You for forgiveness and so I can ask the person to forgive me who received those ugly/sharp/cutting remarks. 

    When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty. Jeremiah 15:16


   
   


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: