Friday, November 09, 2012

God Paid A Very High Price To Make You His. So Honor God With Your Body.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 34; 1 Corinthians 4; 1 Corinthians 5; 1 Corinthians 6

God Paid A Very High Price

To Make You His. 

So Honor God With Your Body.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 6

17 But anyone who is joined with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

18 So run away from sexual sin. It involves the body in a way that no other sin does. So if you commit sexual sin, you are sinning against your own body. 19 You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit that you received from God and that lives in you. You don’t own yourselves. 20 God paid a very high price to make you his. So honor God with your body.

Observation

When people within the church try to justify a certain activity whether it is drinking alcohol, using illegal drugs or abusing prescription drugs, overeating, or sex outside of marriage they sometimes try to use scripture to defend what they are doing or they make light of it like it is not a big deal.

For instance, if someone drinks alcohol, they may use the scripture that refer to Jesus turning the water into wine, or the passage where Paul tells Timothy that he needs to drink a little wine to help his poor health. Those would be good passages that one could use if they were trying to justify why they were drinking the stuff. But if you and I have to hunt passages to try to justify our behavior then I think we have missed the whole point!

Our culture here in the USA is so focused on food that we tend to laugh and joke about overeating and hardly ever confront overeaters (food addicts) like we do alcoholics or drug addicts. You and I can laugh about our over indulgence and try to make it seem like it is nothing. But if you and I have to do that to justify our behavior then I think we have missed the whole point!

Bottom line … God paid a very high price to make us His. So lets honor God with our bodies.

Here is the question we need to ask ourselves for whatever we do, “Will this honor God?” 

Application

Am I honoring God? I will meditate on 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me things in my life that are not pleasing to You. Don’t let me make any excuses. Help me to serve You with all my heart and all of my soul. Guide me today in everything I do in both my thoughts and my actions. I know You paid a very high price for me. I am Yours.
 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: