Thursday, November 22, 2012

“Come To Me All Of You Who Are Tired From The Heavy Burden You Have Been Forced To Carry. I Will Give You Rest.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Matthew 11; Matthew 12; Matthew 13

“Come To Me All Of You Who Are Tired

From The Heavy Burden You Have Been Forced To Carry.

I Will Give You Rest.”


Scripture

Matthew 11

28 “Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest.
 
29 Accept my teaching. 

Learn from me. I am gentle and humble in spirit. 

And you will be able to get some rest. 30 Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy.
The load I give you to carry is light.”

Observation

Thanksgiving Day is here. Black Friday has now pushed into what used to be a day to give thanks! Hopefully you and I will resist the urge to change of day of giving thanks, a day to be with family, to a day of shopping craziness!

Aren’t you tired enough?

Jesus is calling out to us today. His call is to all of us tired people. His promise is to give us rest.

What is our part?

We must accept His teaching. We must learn from Him. His teaching is easy and the load that He will give you and me to carry is light.

Stop right now…and…let’s talk to Him. He will give us rest! 

Application

I will rest today. It is a day to give thanks. It is a day for my family and my friends. I will not say, “yes” to all the stores begging for my business! It is Thanksgiving!


Prayer

Psalm 100:1-5 

A psalm of thanksgiving.

    Shout with joy to the Lord, O earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and bless his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: