Tuesday, November 06, 2012

And Because We Are His Children, God Has Sent The Spirit Of His Son Into Our Hearts, Prompting Us To Call Out, “Abba, Father.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 30; Psalm 120; Galatians 3; Galatians 4 

And Because We Are His Children,

God Has Sent The Spirit Of His Son Into Our Hearts,

Prompting Us To Call Out, “Abba, Father.”

Scripture

Galatians 4 

But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children. And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.

Observation

When you were younger did you ever kid your brother or sister and call them “adopted”? We used to do that to my younger brother Rick and he didn’t like it at all. He was the only one of us that had blonde hair so it made it easy to pick on him. The term “adopted” was used in our house to denote someone that didn’t fit in with the rest of us. 

We insinuated, I guess, with the name calling that he wasn’t a legitimate child like we were! Of course, he was not adopted and he had the same parents that we all had!

The term adopted, when used in the Bible, was a very special term and it was used to describe those that became part of God’s family. Contrary to what some politicians say, we are not all God’s children. 

We are all God’s creation and we become a part of God’s family when He adopts us into His family. Jesus was sent to free us from the curse of sin, and from the slavery of the law so that God could adopt us as His very own children.

So if you and I are Christ Followers then we are heirs to everything that belongs to God!

Application

I will be content today knowing that I am an heir to everything God has, both in this life and in the life to come.

“Because the Lord is my shepherd I have everything that I need” Psalm 23:1


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for adopting me. I don’t deserve it. Thank You for allowing me to be heir to all that You have. I am very rich! I have everything that I need. Thank You for sending Jesus at just the right time to free from the bondage of sin and of the law. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: