Saturday, November 03, 2012

“…But Do What You Want, Not What I Want.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 25; Mark 13; Mark 14 

“…But

Do What You Want, 

Not What I Want.”

Scripture

Mark 14 

35 Jesus went on a little farther away from them, fell to the ground, and prayed. He asked that, if possible, he would not have this time of suffering. 36 He said, “ Abba, Father! You can do all things. Don’t make me drink from this cup. But do what you want, not what I want.”

Observation

No matter how unselfish we think we are we are still very selfish. Our motives no matter how high we think they are they are still very much self-centered. Jesus was not selfish. He was not self-centered. He would die on the cross in my place and He would die on the cross in your place. You and I deserve death. 

Jesus calls on us to deny ourselves and take up His cross everyday! How is that going for you? How is that going for me? 

No matter how we have blown it up until now Jesus wants us to say to His Father, “Abba, Father! You can do all things. Help me to do what You want, not what I want.”

 Application

When I wake up in the morning (I am writing this at 12:42 Tampa time – before the clock falls back an hour) I will ask my Heavenly Father to show me His direction for the day so I don’t live it for myself!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that You help me not to do what I want but help me to do what You want me to do. Help me make your face to shine on me because I have put You first! 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: