Saturday, November 24, 2012

You Realize, Don’t You, That Their Personal Angels Are Constantly In Touch With My Father In Heaven?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Matthew 17; Matthew 18; Matthew 19

You Realize,

Don’t You, That Their Personal Angels Are Constantly In Touch

With My Father In Heaven?

Scripture

Matthew 18

At about the same time, the disciples came to Jesus asking, “Who gets the highest rank in God’s kingdom?”

2-5 For an answer Jesus called over a child, whom he stood in the middle of the room, and said, “I’m telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you’re not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God’s kingdom. What’s more, when you receive the childlike on my account, it’s the same as receiving me.

10 “Watch that you don’t treat a single one of these childlike believers arrogantly. You realize, don’t you, that their personal angels are constantly in touch with my Father in heaven?

Observation

We better be careful how you and I treat people because they have angels watching over them. I didn’t say it - Jesus did.

When we look down on other believers, when we leave them out, when we think we are better than they are then we better remember the words of Jesus when He tells us that we better watch out!

Jesus was constantly working on the attitude of His disciples just as He is always working on our attitudes.

Application

I will think of a “childlike believer” in our congregation that needs my help and I will try to encourage them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know the childlike in our congregation. Help me to love them. Give me Your heart for them. I know that they have angels in Heaven watching over them. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: